Photo: Gota Shinohara
We aim to become leaders in healthcare and welfare, working towards the realization of a society where everyone can live true to themselves at all times.
We believe that healthcare is not just about treating illnesses. The essence of treating illnesses lies in alleviating painful symptoms and the fear of death, leading people to a more "happy" state. However, medical care that focuses solely on illnesses and neglects to consider the entirety of a person can sometimes lead to unhappiness.
Welfare, too, is not merely about providing care and assistance. The true purpose of welfare is to pursue a state of "happiness." But standardized support systems that pursue efficiency alone may risk taking away that "happiness."
Modern healthcare is evolving daily, enabling advanced standard treatments worldwide. However, many of these advancements are targeted towards the younger population, and there is a lack of comprehensive treatment guidelines for the elderly. Moreover, a significant portion of healthcare primarily focuses on treating illnesses without adequately emphasizing the quality of life (QOL). Since our foundation, our group has been dedicated to geriatric healthcare and rehabilitation. We not only adhere to standard treatments but also leverage our unique expertise to maximize the QOL during hospitalization and after discharge.
Furthermore, when establishing facilities, we prioritize the individuals who use them rather than focusing on the staff. We value patients/users preferences and joys, aiming to deepen connections with the community and to provide an environment where people can lead a life true to themselves, not confined within the facility but extending to the broader community. Additionally, as a means to live a happy life, we make efforts to establish a system where individuals can receive appropriate medical care and choose treatment methods that do not compromise their quality of life (QOL).
Our ultimate goal is the realization of an inclusive society where everyone can live in their community without discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, place of origin, social status, disability, or health condition. We are committed to diligently pursuing various initiatives to achieve this goal.
＊QOL (Quality of Life) is an abbreviation for "Quality of Life," indicating quality of "Daily Living" and quality of "One's Life" itself. It is a concept that serves as an indicator of how rich and true to oneself an individual's life and existence are.
Mission"Live true to yourself"
ActionThe five guiding principles
for achieving the mission
Deliver healthcare and welfare
to all those in need of assistance.
Implement a patient-centered care policy
that prioritizes the patient's needs over hospital convenience.
Respect individual autonomy and uniqueness.
Expand the expertise of staff
and foster continuous growth as a team.
Leverage the knowledge gained from a thorough commitment
to improving QOL(Quality of Life) for reforms in healthcare and welfare.
The values shared and cherished throughout the entire Heisei Medical and Welfare Group
- Never Give Up (Leave No-one Behind)
- If someone is in trouble, we will extend a helping hand without turning a blind eye, aiming for a society where no one is left behind. We will continue our efforts to understand each other in any situation or environment.
- Treasure and value individual uniqueness
- We cherish the diversity of all individuals and value accepting uniqueness. We prioritize fostering a culture and environment where people can live freely, true to themselves, without suppressing the dignity and individuality of each person.
- Not confined by existing frameworks
- We don't accept the status quo; we seek better alternatives. If something doesn't exist within current frameworks, we challenge ourselves to create new systems.
Words from the CEO
Since the founding of Heisei Medical Welfare Group 40 years ago, we have walked alongside the changes in Japan's medical and welfare landscape. Over these four decades, numerous large-scale facilities have been established as part of national policies to supplement the lack of functions in medical welfare. The standards for safety in medical welfare have risen, and there is a growing demand for efficiency due to shortages in personnel and financial resources. However, the blind pursuit of growth and efficiency, and the excessive pursuit of safety can sometimes overlook essential aspects. The hospitals and facilities we operate are no exception to this. The times have changed significantly. Even in Japan, there is a gradual increase in small-scale establishments providing excellent services. On the other hand, it seems that larger organizations and institutions are lagging in recognizing and responding to these changes. As Heisei Medical Welfare Group, one of the leading medical welfare groups in the country, we are committed to continually evolving to provide better medical welfare services. We believe that our efforts can have a positive impact not only in Japan but also globally. Taking one step at a time, we are moving forward with confidence.
Chief Executive Officer
Heisei Medical Welfare Group
- January 4, 1984
- Takahiro Takehisa
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Health Services Facilities for the Aged
- Special Nursing Homes for the Elderly
- Welfare Facilities for the Disabled
- Care Houses
- Group Homes
- Small-sized Multifunctional In-Home Care
- Home-visit Stations and Integrated Services (Small-sized Multiunctional Nursing Care)
- Private Residential Homes (Fee-based Homes for the Elderly)
- Professional Training College
- Divisions and Departments
- Medical Business Division
- Care and Welfare Business Division
- Overseas Division
- School Business Division
- Research Division
- Education and Training Division
- Medical Headquarters
- ・Medical Department
- ・Nursing Department
- ・Care Department
- ・Rehabilitation Department
- ・Pharmacy Department
- ・Nutrition Department
- ・Inspection Department
- ・Radiology Department
- Administrative Headquarters
- ・Finance and Accounting Department
- ・Human Resources Department
- ・Public Relations Department
- ・Development Business Department
- ・General Affairs Department
- ・Legal Department
- ・Audit Department
- ・System Department
- ・Supply Department